Thursday, August 12, 2010

homemade denim vest anyone?

i'm throwing in a quick post!  the dress is from h&m and i love it because its so breezy and easy to wear.  the vest was my dad's jean jacket from when he was eight, which he recently gave me permission to cut the sleeves off.  my sister and mom almost passed out when they realized what i'd done, but i really like the way i can layer it over anything, especially soft floral dresses, because it contrast so well.  i also wear it with my jean shirt and jeans, because i love having different washes of the same material in one outfit.  i'm wearing my princess bracelet, like always, and the necklace is a find from an antique store.  i used to dread going antiquing with my mom and dad, but once i realized there was jewelry, i was sold.  i'm wearing my favorite shoes too, my silver sparkly toms.  i have two pairs of toms shoes, and i wear them with everything.  they're for a good cause, and they go well with both dresses and jeans.  i'm thinking about buying another pair, but i still have to choose a pattern.

1 comment: